I remember my first cruise and really wished that I could have found information on what to expect as a first time cruiser. It was exciting, but at the same time nerve-racking. Depending on how you are planning on getting to your cruise terminal, will determine what you bring.
Here are 5 Great Tips for First Time Cruisers!
IF YOU ARE FLYING TO YOUR CRUISE TERMINAL…..
1. You will need to pack lighter because of all of those luggage fees and I suggest going with maybe tops and bottoms that can be changed up in different ways. You’ll also want dress comfortably when boarding the ship.
2. Make sure that you pack all of your medicine in a carry-on that will be light enough to carry on to the ship, while you waiting for your room to be finished. Wether I’m flying or not, I always pack a small back with all of the essentials that I will need because it is less of a hassle to get through customs and get on board the ship with a small bag of necessities.
3. If you are packing for an Alaskan Cruise, you will find it in your favor to pack as stated in Tip number one, but one thing you will want to do is dress in layers and you can also save money on luggage fees by doing this as well, when you are flying.
4. It is important to know that most Cruise Lines charge for soft drinks and alcohol(you can usually take advantage of their drink packages). So, it is perfectly alright to bring bottled water and soft drinks packed away in your luggage. But, what is not acceptable is alcohol. If Alcohol is found, it will be confiscated and disposed of immediately!
5. Some people may not tell you this, but you are going to want to find some way to organize your documentation. Not only does this make embarking and debarking the ship less stressful, it helps you to look prepared when dealing with the staff at the ports. They are more likely to be even more helpful, when your on your game.
I hope that you can benefit from these tips and if you have any questions or need any more advice, please feel free to contact me at any of the resources listed below!